User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowing if text in a table cell is wrapping or not

hi,

I have text which has no spaces in the middle, such as an email address, being displayed in an htmltable. If the text is very long, it is wrapped inside the table cell.

The problem is when I call HtmlTable.GetRowText(), SilkTest returns the string with a space added in the middle at the point of text wrapping in the cell.

It's not hard to remove these spaces with string manipulation, the problem is sometimes the space "is intentional" and not from text wrapping.

So the question is: How do I tell if the text is wrapping in the HtmlTable cell or not, so I now which space to remove?

Or beter yet: How do I retrieve the text from this cell without SilkTest adding a space to the string at the point of text wrap?

------------------
    Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareAssured.com
    Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareBid.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Knowing if text in a table cell is wrapping or not

I encountered the same exact problem just a few days ago except that I can determine for fact that the space is not supposed to be there so I was able to work-around it.

If you get a solution plese let me know offline at pcostigan@websense.com.