Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Getting Started for the First Time - Need Some Help

Try this link:
    http://www.iris.com/web/irisdevs.nsf...6?OpenDocument

It is a link to my screencam silk(qa partner) training movie. It skips all the record/playback crap that Segue tries to push in their training session and gets right to the meat of developing a sound automation framework through window declarations and function development for robust and consistent testability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Started for the First Time - Need Some Help

Just finished training @ Segue, Lexington, MA and did not think the training was so hot. I am new to Automated Testing and starting with nothing to setup the automated program for the company I work for. I have purchased "Automated Software Testing - Introduction, Management, and Performance," but have not had time to start it (go to college @ night). I would appreciate if those who have been in my shoes and the more experienced pros would give me direction on getting started. I am not quite finished reading the Segue User's Manual for SilkTest but under pressure to make a move. Look forward to hearing from you all. rlamb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I started using QA Partner (now called Silk) I took the first 2 training classes back-to-back and basically was in the same place you are in right now. I called it "overwhelm". So I edxplained this to my mgmt and within a few days we were arranging to have a guru come onsite to get the intiial frame file setup for us while at the same time teaching me what they were doing. At that time this service was available only from Segue directly, they called it "Quick Start training", it was done by a Segue consultant, lasted for 2 days, and they preferred to be working with one or maybe two people from my company (so as not to bog things down with too many cooks). Since then the channel partners have arisen and many of them provide a similar service. It was MORE than worth the money to my company!

Hi,
    send me yor mail,what problems you have . I will try to help you out
    userk53@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tony
    Link is not working [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi rlamb,

I am a self-taught person in Silktest. I started to learn Silktest about 3 years ago. I think ,I know many things in Silk and I want help you.

With regards,
    nelumoldovan49@yahoo.com