SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Getting Visual Basic extensions to work

I am having a problem getting Visual Basic extensions enabled for my application. The main application is a Visual C++ app, but it sometimes calls on COM servers that are Visual Basic. This is what I did:

1. Run the Extension Enabler from the SilkTest program group. Add the VB DLL. Check the ActiveX box. Hit OK.
    2. In SilkTest select the Options->Entensions menu. Add the VB DLL. Check the ActiveX box. Hit OK.
    3. Restart the SilkTest Agent.
    4. Restart my application. Navigate in my application until the VB window is displayed (COM server is loaded).
    5. Check the Option Details. The DLL is not loaded.
    6. Try creating a window declaration. The dialog is not recognized as VB.

Other items of possible interest:
    -I am using SilkTest 5.03.
    -Development Env is MS Dev Studio 6 (C++ and VB)
    -The COM Server being called is being done so "in process"
    -I had no trouble getting VB Extensions in SilkTest enabled with a standalone VB application.
    -OS is NT4 w/SP6, but I also test on W98se and W2K.

Does anyone know if what I am tying to do is even supported by SilkTest? If so, are there any suggestions for what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Getting Visual Basic extensions to work

I believe that you must use the "XX.EXE" name of the application which is calling the VB DLL, not the name of the DLL itself.
    This is the way that I did it with a similar application in the past.
    -Rob
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Thanks for the suggestion, Rob. I did a quick test and it looks like the VB dialogs are now recognized correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    we r facing the same problem.
    silk test is not recognizing the objects with in dialogue box, with in tool bars,
    my application is VB based.
    We have Enabled Extensions from Options and from Start menu added "app.exe" stilll not objects not recognized.

thanx in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobKapteyn:
    I believe that you must use the "XX.EXE" name of the application which is calling the VB DLL, not the name of the DLL itself.
    This is the way that I did it with a similar application in the past.
    -Rob
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------