Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Error in Connect machine function.

I am using Connect function to connect to a Automation Server from a different server. But i am not able to connect to the server. It's giving an error as "socket connection refused". But i am also able to ping to that server(which i want to connect from some other server).
    Please give me any idea/solution to solve this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Error in Connect machine function.

Hi,

Did you make sure that the agent is running on the machine you are trying to connect to? Also, make sure that the agent is not "IN USE" as well.

Hope this would solve your problem,
    SMP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

On your automation server start the agent, right-click on it in the taskbar, select network, select TCP/IP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I had the same problem and the following worked:

From Url : http://support.borland.com/kbshow.php?q=16180

Why does SilkTest return the message "Socket Connection Refused" when attempting to remotely test a machine with multiple Network Adapters?

QUESTION
    ----------------------------------

Why does SilkTest return the message "Socket Connection Refused" when attempting to remotely test a machine with multiple Network Adapters?

ANSWER
    ----------------------------------

When a target machine has two network adapters, the SilkTest Agent will attempt to connect to the primary adapter. If the remote connection fails with the message "Socket Connection Refused", this can be due to the incorrect adapter being set as primary.

To check which adapter has being set as primary:

On Windows 2000 and Windows XP - Open "Control Panel > Network and Dial-up Connections (simply 'Network Connections' on Windows XP)", click on the appropriate LAN Connection once to highlight it, then choose the menu item "Advanced > Advanced Settings" on the Windows Explorer application. The resulting dialogbox will display the adapters and bindings, the correct binding can then be moved up to give it precedence and set it to primary.

On Windows NT4 - Open "Control Panel > Network", click on the "Protocols" tab and double-click on "TCP/IP Protocol". In the resulting dialogbox, the appropriate adapter can be set to primary in the popuplist.
    SILK noob