| || |
HTML table declarations with Silk
Silk does not handle complicated HTML tables. In some of our pages, we have HTML tables with dynamic contents. But the table will always have same number of columns. Number of rows may change. When I record window declaration for this table, Silk gives a lot of problems. Sometimes it doesn't recognize one or more columns. It also gives problems when I record testcases. Has anybody observed this? I am realy getting fed up with this product. I think it works well only with "GMO Online" (which is Segue's demo site) ;-)
I appreciate any tips...
Re: HTML table declarations with Silk
I have the same problem. We have dynamic tables. The culumns are fixed, but the number of rows varies and the data changes. What Silk is doing is it sometimes views a column as X, other times as Y, and other times as Z. To make things worse, often all three are in the same table!
What I have done is a function that checks if X.Exists() then, if Y.Exists, then....
I then return the WINDOW declaration of where the object is that I need.
Another thought I had is with a function to find all objects (all or all of a specific type), write the declarations to a file, read them back as a string and find what I am looking for (in my case, I am searching for a persons name). I can then parse out what the declaration is and use that. Thsi way, no matter what Silk views the table as, I get the right declaration for the object I need. I have the function to find the objects, but didn't go beyond that.
I know this wasn't a lot of help. The problem you see I believe is real. I presented two possible workarounds (all though not the most graceful of solutions). Hopefully you can get it figured out.