Global variable

how can i declare a global variable ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Global variable

declare the variable in a .inc file. I have a file globals.inc that I use to store all of my global variables. All of my .t files "use" globals.inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am running all the scripts in a suite and there i am getting problem while doing incriment for the varible when a testcase is run on one machine and when same testcase run on the diff machine counter doesnt increase and that makes the testcase fail

is there any othe way for declaration of the variable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create the Global Variable, Create a Local Variable for each machine, read the value of the Global into the local and increment that one. Would this work for you?

BTW if using the "Use" statement is causing the problem, you can have the file included by putting it into the runtime options. This will have virtualy the same effect as the "use" statement.