SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest and is it really worth it?

I'm in the stage of evaluating a testing tool.
    I'm looking at almost all the software available, and silk among them.
    Up to this morning, there were 2780 posts to silk test section in QA Forums.
    I don't have the time required to read each and every one of the posts, and I was wondering if they are coming because silk is so complex and doesn't work, or if it is so popular and easy-to-use, so that everyone uses it.

Well? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest and is it really worth it?

Try www.dice.com and see what most companies are looking for.

Re: SilkTest and is it really worth it?

You don't have to read all 2780 posts to get an idea of the differences. Look for the threads where people are asking the same question as you. It seems like most people who are seriously considering SilkTest are also only looking at one or two of the other top (read "high-end") tools (WinRunnner comes to mind). I would suggest defining and prioritizing your requirements for an automated testing tool. Then research the tools to see which ones meet the requirements. If your top requirements are a cheap, record/playback, no learning curve type of tool, then chances are that SilkTest is not for you.