SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Silk5.0.3 supporting Flash technology ?

I am testing a web site in which flash has been used and when i tried to get the declaration of the page it is giving me customwin and i am unable to map it to any other class coz the objects on the flash are dynamically changing can we use silk 5.0.3 for testing flash ?

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is Silk5.0.3 supporting Flash technology ?

I don't think any tool supports flash objects just yet, (I may get some flames later) but since flash objects are not standard and appear like bitmaps to the browser, I think any tool would support clicking on objects, and you may have to do a lot of custom object declaration yourself.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can i pick some text from the flash object like if i have to compare two texts i have to get one from the flash object and compare it with the expected value can i do that ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One way you can do that is by using the Bitmap compare functions. I am currently working with doing Bitmap compares for an application. What you can do, is take a known good copy of the flash, grab a region of the graphic and save it off. (Do this for as many pieces you want to check.) Then in the script, grab the section of the bitmap and save to a file called test.bmp. Then use the SYS_CompareBitmap to test the known good version with the file just created.