Thread: Silk Test

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Test

Hi!

I am testing a standalone Java application with silk test. I have included silktest_java2.jar in my classpath and also in the cmdline which invokes my application. Since java2.jar alone was not sufficient, i added rt.jar also in the classpath but still I have the following difficulties,

1. When iam recording testcased sometimes i get the Dr watson error and it says access violation partner.exe and everything shuts down.

2. Sometimes silk test is not able to see my javadialogbox but it is in the include file and sometimes it is not able to see my menuitem and sometime my push button.

Can anyone help me with this please,

thanks,
    subha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test

Did you setup your .inc file in Runtime options.?
    Krishna

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by subha_swaminathan2000:
    Hi!

I am testing a standalone Java application with silk test. I have included silktest_java2.jar in my classpath and also in the cmdline which invokes my application. Since java2.jar alone was not sufficient, i added rt.jar also in the classpath but still I have the following difficulties,

1. When iam recording testcased sometimes i get the Dr watson error and it says access violation partner.exe and everything shuts down.

2. Sometimes silk test is not able to see my javadialogbox but it is in the include file and sometimes it is not able to see my menuitem and sometime my push button.

Can anyone help me with this please,

thanks,
    subha
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

krish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah! I did that too. As soon as i start silk test there is no problems. But after
    sometime it is giving errors and dr. watson comes and shuts down the whole application.

thanks,
    subha
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by krish:
    Did you setup your .inc file in Runtime options.?
    Krishna

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My app is also a stand-along java app and I have run into your problem but only a few times. I have not had it happen at all over the past 2 months since upgrading to Silk 5.0.3.1. I recall in the past that restarting Silk was the temporary (but highly annoying) solution.

Don't forget that the root of whatever is happening could also be with your AUT itself. That's always a possibility that lots of automation developers often forget about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please give some light....

Similar is the problem with me

Baseer