SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random check of Objects from inc file

I have 4-5 choices (CheckBoxes or Radio Buttons) for each Question. inc file has all of these checkBoxes as separate objects. I want to enable checkboxes randomly (some time 2 some time 1 like this) . Is there anyway... also same thing with Radio Buttons also.
    Any idea folks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Random check of Objects from inc file

I'm not sure if I misunderstood your info or if perhaps you don't fully understand the different controls.

If the functionality is that one and only one can be checked or seelcted at a time then it should be implemented as a radiolist. If you can select more than one at a time then individual radio buttons or checkboxes is the way to do it. That's the basic differences between the controls.

This is all something that is done/set by the developer. Once you get it to test, you have to take it the way development provides it. So if development should be doing things a little bit differently then I would go talk to them about it. This level of detail is often transparent to normal users but is one of the very critical details for automation (using any tool, not just Silk). A diligent developer can make individual radio buttons look, feel, and totally function like a radiolist. But that's also a lot of extra work on their part and a mess for long-term maintenance, not to mention that it also causes all kinds of hurdles for automation. I've been down this road a few times over the past 5 years and have always been able to make development understand my dilemma and they in turn implemented the rproper controls.

PS: Then mgmt came along later and thanked me for providing a mechanism for ensuring that developers are following their coding standards in regard to exactly this kind of thing.