SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thread: Memory Leaks

Memory Leaks

Has anyone run into problems with memory leaks in SilkTest in 5.0.2 or 5.0.3? When we try to test our application, we are getting error messages stating that we are running out of virtual memory. I have used the SYS_GetMemoryInfo function and we are losing memory. I do not believe this is a problem with our application because this does not occur manually. Also, I have run some SilkTest scripts that just manipulate data and do not interact with our product and I still am losing memory according to the SYS_GetMemoryInfo.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, how did you correct the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Memory Leaks

YES. Very severe memory leaks introduced with JAVA and Silk 5.0.2 and later. Segue has openlly admited them and cannot find them. Our application acutally loses injection in 10 minutes when Silk finally creates an exception.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a problem with memory leaks when I was using version 5.0.3. The problem was resolved when I migrated to version 5.0.3.1, but that didn't solve some of the other issues I was having. I have found that 5.0.3.1 doesn't recognice many things and that when you move back to version 5.0.2, everything is peachy.

We had the problem in 5.0.2, went to 5.0.3 and 5.0.3.1 and still had the problem. We've gone back to 5.0.1 on one machine and that didn't help either. I still have problems even when the application under test is Segue's sample application Text Editor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have memory leak problems. Most have been definitively traced to JDK 1.2.2 by my developers. Now that we've upgraded to JDK 1.3 (and Silk 5.0.3.1) we're no longer getting the same problems as before. They appear to have gone away.

But I do have a new one that's very irritating. After using my app to load a LOT of data into memory, Silk's API goes away. Silk cannot see the application's controls any more. I restart my app (leaving Silk running!) then all is fine again. I posted the problem but have not gotten any useful help yet but I also haven't called it into Segue yet either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very frustrated with the memory leaks when testing my web based app. I get Dr. Watsons all the time. I guess there is a problem with JavaScript and memory. The web app I am testing relies heavily on JavaScript and BorderlessTables. I still cannot get 5.0.3.1 to recognize some of my objects even with the setting for BorderlessTables set to 1. Frustrating huh?