SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saving class mapping definitions

How do you save class mapping definitions? For our smoke test, we have to install our AUT on a fresh image and so is Silktest. Now, my problem is I have to remap my non-standard controls each time I reinstall SilkTest. Is there a way I can just save this definitions so that I just have to reload the file or whatever it may be when I reinstall SilkTest. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Saving class mapping definitions

Try saving the options set by using Options / Save New Options Set, then loading those options on the new installation of SilkTest. I think that should do the trick.
    Btw, why do you restart your machine from a clean image every time ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class mappings are stored in the Partner.ini file in the SilkTest installation directory (the default is C:\Program Files\Segue\Silktest).

There's TONS of other good stuff in this file too!

I have a need to regularly re-ghost my machines and after doing so there are LOTS of things I have to reset for Silk. Instead of doing it all manually, I back-door the process as follows. I put my "good" copy of Partner.ini in the install directory, edit it (using Notepad) for the desired default working directory path, and it handles EVERYTHING for me (i.e., has default directory set properly, points me to my network share area for other things such as the Help and property set files, everything that can be set in there is a possibility!). I have absolutely no need to use the Silk GUI to set even one little thing.

I do the same with Extend.ini except it does not require any editing under "usual" circumstances.

So not only is this approach fast, but it also provides TONS more reliability in regard to the Silk configuration. I also prefer it over the option set approach because option sets include some things that I do NOT want to be included and exclude other things that I do need to include. I just find it MUCH easier this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nirg:
    Btw, why do you restart your machine from a clean image every time ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your replies. This works.
    Each time we get a new build, we usually install our application with a clean image. That's why I have to reinstall SilkTest and load my test scripts each time.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you include a pre-configured, already installed version of SilkTest on your ghost image?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian:
    Why don't you include a pre-configured, already installed version of SilkTest on your ghost image?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, we do. That's why I have to copy my scripts and option settings after each install.