User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ctrl-Alt not bringing up Verify properties window

Hello,

I am using SilkTest 5.0.3 to test a Windows NT 4.0 app that runs on a remote machine. I have a client running on the remote system. But for some reason, during RecordActions, when I press Ctrl-Alt on the remote system, the VerifyProperties window is not showing up.

If anyone else has seen this problem, or know the solution to this, please respond.

Thanks in advance,
    Richa

Re: Ctrl-Alt not bringing up Verify properties window

Could it be possible that someone changed to the default keys. It is under options somewhere. I know it is possible to do.

Hi,
    same thing happens with me. Some times if application ( current window) is not ready verifying property window is not appearing. some time it appears but have only few properties not all.Cancel and then try again.
    when I was testing link with PDF file,proerty window was not appearing even I wait for 10 min. No clue (may be custom window or nit supported by silk)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are running windows NT or 2000 with more than 64mb of RAM, run regedit, find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Se ssion Manager\Memory Management

and change the value for: 'LargeSystemCache' to 1 (one).

This is a trick that I learned here and it is worth its' weight in gold. It will make all of the recorders 10-100 times more responsive and speed up your system as well.

note - this only works with over 64mb of RAM.