User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frame file Issue

Hi,

I am in a process of designing a frame file for our internet application. Whlie doing the same i came across a problem which some one might have experienced before. The problem is..
    we have a html table in our application.
    The number of colums are dynamic, the name of columns are dynamic, the values in the column are dynamic. When i make a first entry the values will be placed at the right hand corner of the table. When i add another entry the values of the first entry will be moved to its left and the latest entry will take its place. If add another entry, the first two entries will be moved to their left and third entry will take the right hand corner place in the table. I can make four such entries. In other words one can make 1 - 4 entries depending on their requirement. I would like to have the generic name for each column whether there is one entry or more then one entry.

Can some please take a look into this issue and suggest me the best that can be done for this. I am unable to upload the file that has screent shots of the pages, i don't know why.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Your help would be highly appreciated.

Suren.

Re: Frame file Issue

Not being funny would col1, col2 , col3 not suffice. Thinking of it in your words it would work (as col1, from the left) is actually the first column added and the first col1 left to right. Just declare four columns and use 'if col1.Exists()' to work with them. Using indexes (everyone hates them!!) would be the easiest solution.

Hope this is of some help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Frame file Issue

I hate this problem, what I do is the col1, col2, col3 solution. Assuming that there is only one table in this page/frame, or that the number of tables does not change, I create the declarationa manually as follows:

HtmlTable tblTableName
    - tag "#1"
    -HtmlColumn col1
    --tag "#1"
    -HtmlColumn col2
    --tag "#2"
    -HtmlColumn col3
    --tag "#3"
    -HtmlColumn col4
    --tag "#4"

etc...

I might add that this breaks my first law of 4Test "Never use an index tag". However I do allow for exceptions when my life depends on it.