SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inconsistent clicking ability with dynamic HtmlLinks

I'm getting really inconsistent behaviour with HtmlLinks generated dynamically. If I use a BrowserPage.HtmlLink("Add|#2").Click(), even after reloading the page, the Agent hangs and is unable to click on the link.

If the HtmlLinks are generated during the execution of the testscript, clicking on them fails. If I try clicking on the links with another testscript, when they haven't been created during the execution of script, it works just fine.

Also, the ability to click on HtmlImages on pages with dynamically generated links is just as random. Some places I need to use a GetRegionList() and ClickRegion() to get the Agent to click on the Image. Again this sporadic behaviour disappears if no dynamic content is added to the page during execution of the testcase.

Anyone have any experience with testing dynamic web pages ? Is there something I can do to improve SilkTest's ability to deal with pages containing dynamic content ?

Thanks.
    Nir Gilboa.
    assetplanner.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Inconsistent clicking ability with dynamic HtmlLinks

Nirg,

Occasionally I've fixed problems like this by issuing a Desktop.GetChildren (), Browser.GetChildren () or BrowserPage.GetChildren (), without worrying about their return values, just making the calls, seems to get SilkTest and browser back in sync with each other.

John

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com