SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

record window identifiers - in a script?

Is there any way "Record Window Identifier" be done in a script?

For 'GetId' we need to specify the window and thats not what i want to use. I want to generate a fully qualified name tag (like that being generated by "Record Win Id") just by using the cursor info. By positioning the cursor at some point, i want to get the info. It looks NO to me, but before i conclude, i want to check up with experts like you guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: record window identifiers - in a script?

Two possible ideas

1) You could right-click and copy shortcut if your application suports that.

2) You could read the contents of the status bar.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John, thanks for your reply. Infact, i am using both your suggestions as a workaround for some other issues, BUT, it doesn't work for my current problem!

This topic is related to my other topic "SILKTEST 5.3.1.1- Javascript popup menu problem". To solve that, i am trying out all sorts of things, and one of them is this!!! Maybe we should join these two topics?

Anyway, if you have read my other topic and seen the attached image, the following should hopefully make sense...

As my issue is with a javascript popupmenu item, the status bar doesn't indicate anything. Also, in Netscape, (i spoke with my developers) i can ONLY select an item from the Popupmenu BY using the mouse; I CANNOT select an item using the keyboard.

So, John, enum is a very good idea, but TypeKeys will not help me here.

After going through all these workarounds, i thought it would be good if i can do this "Record Window Identifiers"; I get "AllPg.FunctionImage.Select.AnItem.PopupStart(""). MenuItem("#1|$1010")" when i do this manually and if i can add it in a script someway and move the mouse over the popupmenu and get this complete info then by verification i can movemouse to the correct item that i want to select and get the coord and click on that item!!

That was my idea, and if nothing works, i don't have a choice other than use my last option of getting the individual URLS of the popup menu items and working on it! And thats going to be a real hell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks John and others, i found a workaround that solved my problem. This topic can be closed.

(see my other topic "SILKTEST 5.3.1.1- Javascript popup menu problem!")