results repository & viewer: how to get actual error messages to show in table
Hi everyone, I have started learning results repository just now, so apologies if these are extreamly dumb questions.
1. any tips on how to get the deails for failed testcases in the SilkTestResultsViewer? Right now I have the list of build and testcases, but, when I click on any of them (even those that failed) to see the table with details for this testcase, the table is empty, there are no error messages for the failed testcases (ie all the fields "Name Status Errors Warnings Last Message Data " are empty).
2. Is there any way to set build number in SilkTestRepository.inc to something other than an integer? I really'd like smtg like 22.214.171.124. But that constant can only be set to a Number, otherwise other functions don't work.
3. How come that testcases within one build are not grouped together?
If I have ran testcase1 5 times, I will get a row per each run, instead of "Testcase1 5".
Here is the screenshot, hopefully will help to convey what I am talking about: screenshot
Thanks so much!
[ 07-20-2006, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Kot Matroskin ]
Re: results repository & viewer: how to get actual error messages to show in table
The results viewer is a good starting point but to get it to a usable state is going to take modifications in the SilkTest include file, asp code and the Results Repository database. I had to do extensive mods to get it to how I wanted it to look and behave.
1. I would recommend writing your own error handlers (if you haven't already) and code them to write errors to the database.
2. Just modify the var in the include file to be a string and may have to modify the database to accept a string.
3. You'll need to modify the the SilkTest include file to overwrite testcases if they already exist.
Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.