SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controls class change

I work with developers who have a tendancy to write an application with VB controls and then, for some reason, work on it and recompile using different controls, such as Sheridan.
    I know I can use the 'pipe' character in the tag to add new identity strings but am wondering if there is any way to make the class declaration for a window 'variable' so that I can use the same frame file for either iteration of the application.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Controls class change

I assume that there are two different ways that the developers compile their code. If the object hierarchy is the same both ways, you should use "multitags" -- where each definition has two tags -- one for each compile option. If this doesn't work, you can dynamically change your tags while running. Check which GUI you have at the beginning of your script by trying to select an object with one GUI's definition. If it fails, then use an except clause which changes all of your definitions to the other GUI. - Rob