SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlTables with many HtmlText elements

I have a web page that consists of a borderless talbe with 1000 HtmlText elements. Using SilkText 5.0.3.1 and the DOM extension.

The table is not recognized as such because it has only one column, so SilkText only sees the elements in it. Problem is I run into the Agent not responding error trying to record a test frame for the page with 820 HtmlText elements. 810 works fine, but 820 gives an error.

This is puzzling. Capturing a test frame of a page with around 3000 HtmlText/HtmlLink elements works just fine, however.

Anyone know what is happening ?

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlTables with many HtmlText elements

Try setting the ShowBorderlessTables option to 1. That will force the table to be seen (if it exists in the HTML code). Search for ShowBorderlessTables in the online help for details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I know about that feature. In fact, it wasn't the table at all. SilkTest seems to be limited to around 820 HtmlText elements a test frame on my machine. Perhaps it's a question of memory (i don't think so). If I have a page with more than 820 or so HtmlText elements, SilkTest fails to record the test frame and issues the error Agent not responding. Can someone please try and confirm this ? As an example, you can try to capture a topic on slashdot.org that has more than 800 posts.

Also SilkTest will slow to halt trying to access any data from the page defined by the test frame, but that's understandable.

Can anyone duplicate this problem ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you point us to the page?

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure.. Check this out. I made two html pages for you using Excel 2000. One contains 800 HtmlText elements, and one contains 850 HtmlText elements. Try recording test frames for both..
    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/nirg/docs/800test.htm

and
    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/nirg/docs/850test.htm

Let me know if they both work
    Nir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segue has acknowledged this as a bug and will deliver a fix for SilkTest 5.5, which admitedly will arrive "soon".