Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Report generation in Silk Test

hi guys,

I am working with the silkTest,i know the test plan,testscript creation and execution in the silkTest.but i do not know how to generate the report or log file in the silktest.I have gone through the silktest help and i red things from,eventhough i am not clear on the report generation in silk.please help me.

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Report generation in Silk Test

The log file in SilkTest is called result file and have (.res) extension. It's generated after any code in SilkTest is executed and has the same name as the file with this code.
    If you execute some code in MyTests.t script file the result file would be MyTests.res. Once you open result file in SilkTest editor additional menu Results will be available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi April_20,

After the execution of the script do we manually import the .res file in the results folder?.or the .res file will be automatically imported in the results folder?.can you please share your experience.

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Go to Runtime Options->Results-> Directory path and specify where you want to save the results file. You will need to modify history size also, so that your results file does not get overwritten. I tend to create my own results file though.