User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE5.5 and Silk Test

Now that MS Internet Explorer 5.5 is available to download (full release), has anybody tried Silk Test with it, if so have you come across many problems?

Thanks,

B.

[This message has been edited by Beeblemaster (edited 07-13-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: IE5.5 and Silk Test

I upgraded to it on W2K, and after that Silk 5.0.3.1 would no longer recognize the HTMLTextFields, So I uninstalled IE 5.5 and it started working again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 5.03 and IE5 work together more effectively than any previous version of Silk and a browser. There are some problems with the new version, but its ability to recognize objects using the real internal object names is very valuable.

It makes scripts much more maintainable and understandable.

John

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John,

Do you mean IE 5.5 works well with 5.03? I am getting all kinds of memory problems with IE 5.01 during playback and it is getting pretty frustrating. Do you think IE 5.5 might solve these problems?

Thanks,

------------------
    Kevin Gehrke
    kgehrke@wiredempire.com
    www.wiredempire.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have spoken with tech support and they do not support IE 5.5- Hopefully there will be a hotfix for this, otherwise it will be supported in the next major release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried IE 5.5 with 5.0.3. I don't see any memory problem fixed. And there are tons of problems such as recognizing one object as two different objects in different time.
    The most annoying is object click seems to be at object's location (1,1) instead of mid point like Netscape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using Silk 5.02 with IE 5.5.and experiencing very slow recorder speeds, which eventually end with an error message stating "Agent Not Responding".
    Does anyone know if this is due to a conflict, or am I doing something else wrong? (I'm new to Silk).
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beeblemaster:
    Now that MS Internet Explorer 5.5 is available to download (full release), has anybody tried Silk Test with it, if so have you come across many problems?

Thanks,

B.

[This message has been edited by Beeblemaster (edited 07-13-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried ie5.5 w/ silktest5.0.3 and it seems to work ok, however I was having other problems with checkboxes and radiobuttons not responding on html forms.

[ ] Machine: (local)
    [ ] Started: 11:24:39AM on 22-Aug-2000
    [ ] Elapsed: 0:00:05
    [ ] Totals: 1 error, 0 warnings
    [ ]
    [ ] *** Error: Control is not responding
    [ ] Occurred in Check
    [ ] Called from main at experimental.t(10)

Silk Tech suppor told me that ie5.5 isn't certified. However, I have had the same problems with ie5.1 intermittently and it is very frustrating! SilkTest has many great qualities, but in many ways, <excuse my language> but silktest sucks! It has way too many bugs regardless of what browser you are using.

I believe SilkTest is made for windows applications primarily. Segue, I believe, is just starting to catch up to webapplication testing movement, and that is why it has so many bugs. This tool is far too difficult to use with any kind of "real web apps". e.g. dynamic pages, with nested tables and javascripting. And the segue tech support takes more than a week to even respond. I'm beginning to doubt if they will even be able to help me. They will probably just tell me to wait for the next release or something. Or they'll tell me to try all the same stuff that the userguide already says which naturally you've read 10 times to try to figure out your problems.

Either way you go, ie5.5 ie5.1 ie4.x...you're going to have problems with silktest and Segue support will not be there to help you that's for sure.

It seems no matter which way you go you're screwed...so I can't really advise you on this matter, but just want to warn you that ie5.5 will work no better than 5.1 at the same time Segue support will just tell you to go back to ie5.1 when you have problems(that's what they told me).

good luck

Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareBid.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure Segue is like many other ISV's... the amount of support you get is directly proportional to how much money you spend on them, and what potential you will spend.

To improve your service level, you may want to drop your sales rep a line, tell them you've got some decisions pending regarding expanding your license base. They'll respond. And quick.
    Send spam to the hotmail account above, as I never check it. To send me email, send it to com.yahoo@bng73 (just reverse it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was exactly what has been on my mind. Are you a segue sales rep by the way?

Either way, I'm sure you're right. They probably don't pay much attention unless you're waving lots of money in their faces.

But keep in mind that I'm not just using the demo version. This stuff has been paid for and it should work and if not, I should get good service when I have problems with it. It's like "ok, you got paid, so when do I get something that works?"

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely be calling Segue sales to get them moving on this.
    Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareBid.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast