SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running batch file from SilkTest

How can I run a batch file from silk. I try to use SYS_Execute and it says that it should return a value. My batch file sets a path and runs a java class. How can I make it to return a value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Running batch file from SilkTest

Your batch file should return a value of 0 upon success. You must be doing something wrong in your 4Test code. Perhaps you are not declaring an integer where the return value is to be stored.

Try something like this:

testcase External2() appstate none
    integer returnvalue
    list of string test
    returnvalue = SYS_Execute("C:\testbat.bat", test)
    Print (returnvalue)
    Print (test)

The results file will indicate the successful completion of the batch file with a 0 and will also print any text sent to the standard output stream.

Hope this helps,
    Nir Gilboa.
    assetplanner.com