Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How do I clear out old compiled code?

Here is my results file:
    Testcase DD_DeviceSettings ({{"Kyocera FS-820", "Kyocera FS-820", "ns", "Yes", "Default", "Yes", "No", "No", "All", "4, 3, 8, 16", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL}}) - 2 errors
    *** DefaultBaseState is closing Printers windows
    Closing DialogBox("KX Installation")
    *** DefaultBaseState is setting Printers active, No window was active
    *** Error: Window '[PushButton]$1324' was not found
    Occurred in IsVisible
    Called from DD_DeviceSettings at APW Installation.g.t(489)
    Called from DefaultRunDataDrivenTestCase at datadrivetc.inc(383)
    *** DefaultBaseState is closing Printers windows

As you can see an error is being generated by the IsVisible method on line 489.

Here is the code around line 489:

KyoceraKXProperties.Tabs.Select ("Device Settings")
    if (rData.recDeviceSet_.AutoConfig != "ns") << line 489
    <indent> if (KyoceraKXProperties.DialogBox2.KcPropPage0.Dialog Box1.AutoConfigure.bExists != TRUE)
    <indent><indent> LogError ("Autoconfigure button is missing.")

As you can see line 489 doesn't have an IsVisible method call in it. In fact I do not have a call to IsVisible anywhere in my code at all. I used to have one... but I removed it.

It seems that somehow, no matter how many times I change this code and recompile it, SilkTest is STILL using the old code, even though it's not even in the backup file anymore let alone the actual file in use.

Does anybody know if SilkTest keeps compiled code and if so where it is and how I can get rid of it?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How do I clear out old compiled code?

Nevermind,

I figured out the problem.

The results file was telling me the error was occuring on line 489 when in fact it was occuring on a completely different line.

It turns out although I thought I had gotten rid of all the calls to IsVisible there was one I had missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Probably academic, but in answer to your original question, compiled code for testcases resides in *.to files, and includes are stored in *.ino files. The folder for compiled code is set in the Options>Runtime, Objfile Path setting.

You can force runtime recompilation by simply deleting the relevant *.to and *.ino files in Windows Explorer, then (re)run your script.

Alternatively, delete the files, invoke Run>Compile or Run>Compile All, then (re)run your script.

Regards
    Peat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I thought the code was re-compiled when run anyway?????