SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 5.x Testcase Name Length Limits?

Is there (still?) a limit on the length of testcase names in SilkTest 5.x?

The company that I'm at used to enforce a 35 character max for testcase names, which they believe was based on a similar limit in older versions of QAP.

No one can find any documentation on this (in past QAP docs) nor can we find anything in the current docs for SilkTest.

Just want to be sure before we code ourselves into a corner!

Thanks,
    Brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 5.x Testcase Name Length Limits?

... to preclude having this thread turn into a "naming nightmare" ...

So that y'all don't think I'm nuts, I don't actually want to use testcase names > 35 characters ... just didn't want an artificial limit imposed that wasn't based on a product / technical limitation.

I certainly hadn't encountered any problems yet with a name that contained 36 chars ... but didn't want to find out somewhere down the line that it breaks something subtle.

Thanks for the info!
    Brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 5.x Testcase Name Length Limits?

I am running SilkText 5.0.3.1 and the 35 character limit on testcase names does not apply to me. I can name a testcase any number of characters long and the only consequence is that I cannot see its full name in the Run/Testcase dialogbox.

Why would you want to name a testcase using more than 35 characters anyway ?

[This message has been edited by nirg (edited 07-12-2000).]