SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk crashes when the script access the Database.

We are trying to use QA partner scripts in Silktest.
    When the scripts run in QAP it works just fine. But if I run them in Silk and when it tries to access DB using method"DB_Connect", Silk just crashes.
    Can I get some help here.
    As we are in the middle of reg testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk crashes when the script access the Database.

We use these functions all the time in our scripts, and they have continued to work happily since we got SilkTest (replacing QAP). This is in connecting both to Visual FixPro and Oracle odbc datasources. I don't think they've changed anything have they? I would be surprised if they had, because it doesn't work perfectly, and they have just made it free (part of the basic package).

You definitely haven't changed the obbc datasource at all, or the connect string you use in the DB_Connect call?

One problem I have noticed recently is that when submitting a "select count(*) from ..." query to the oracle datasource, DB_FetchNext() fails to return any reply, and often crashes silktest (this was a problem that doesn't occur when trying the same query on a Visual FoxPro datasource).
    But that's different, and I'm just mentioning it here because it is annoying me at present.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen this effect only if you try to use DB_Connect after you already have connect to a handle, for example

hdbc = DB_Connect("DSN=a;UID=b;PWD=c")
    //some statements here
    hdbc = DB_Connect("DSN=a2;UID=b;PWD=c") //crash

and the crash happens sometimes in the 2nd line. May also happen if you have not closed your DB handle when trying to opening it again (like re-open when calling a subprocedure again).

[This message has been edited by Bjoern Wiechmann (edited 07-22-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the solutions .
    The machine was a new lab machine.
    The ODBC drives were not configured properly.
    Once I took care of it, it works fine.
    thank you.