Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Skip a level of Hierarchy

Greetings Everyone
    I would like to know if there is a way to skip a level of hierarchy. I have a lot of testcases and functions written and do not want to have to go back and change every line of code to add this new level of hierarchy. Is there any way of telling all my tests to ignore this new level?
    Thanks in advance for your time and help
    Scott
    Scott Calo

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Skip a level of Hierarchy

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by a 'level of hierarchy'. But if you mean your application's GUI now has a new level between the window and the controls, say a new panel, yes there are ways to skip or 'ignore' it. Just go into the 'Class Map' dialog, add the panels class, and choose 'Ignore' as the standard class. SilkTest will not see it anymore.

There are other games you can play with custom tags and such, but I'm still not 100% sure what you are asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Skip a level of Hierarchy

You were correct when you said "now has a new level between the window and the controls"
    what used to be LXConsole.Async.Change is now LXConsole.MainConsole.Async.Change and the ignore solved the problem.
    Thanks
    Scott Calo