Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enabling DOM extension.

HELP!!!

I'm having a nightmare....

I just set up my extensions to use the DOM extension and now when I try to make a test frame, ST reports back to tell me that the 'Agent is not responding' and returns the error message:

" *** Error: Unable to load extensions: Enabled extension(s) for iexplore.exe#5 not installed: domex.dll "

The domex.dll is loading via the runtime options and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ST several times and even tried it on another machine.

I'm also having problems with the Virtual Object option, as the agent crashes when I try to record anything on my site, although I'm able to record other sites like Yahoo ok.

I have had no problems with 5.0.1 when I tried this previously, but with 5.0.3 I can't get started.

System Spec: Celeron, 64MB RAM, IE 5.01, Win98SE.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul B.

Re: Enabling DOM extension.

Have you tried it on an NT box?

[This message has been edited by Rayr (edited 07-05-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this (if you haven't already):

Configure IE 5.0 application in the Extension Enabler program and Extensions silk menu option. Change the Primary Extension to "IE DOM", Check the Java and ActiveX checkboxes. In the Runtime Options dialog, set the default browser to "Internet Explorer 5.0 DOM".

Start IE 5.0 with a default page, and try to build a fram from it. In the Use Files test box(Runtime Options dialog), you will see "frame.inc extend\domex.inc, extend\javaex.inc"

If you do not see "extend\domex.inc" then the DOM Extension was not loaded.

Record a few tests with your new frame to see if they playback. I hope this helps.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but that is what I've already done (apart from enabling java extension), still doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having the same issue on a NT system. I have uninstalled/reinstalled SILK many times to see if it would correct this issue.

Currently, I am able to run DOM scripts. I have tried using the Browser.LoadVOExtension()but didn't help.

------------------
    Ric Alves
    Ric Alves

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also facing same problem " *** Error: Unable to load extensions: Enabled extension(s) for iexplore.exe#5 not installed: domex.dll "

But was sorted by selecting "IE DOM" as primary extension for Internet Explorer both for Silk Test and Agent through Extension Enabler.

Also Selected "Internet Explorer 5.0 DOM" as Default Browser in Runtime Options.

Use Files entry is "extend\DOMEX.inc"

I am using IE 5.5

Hope it resolves the problem.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same issue so I called Segue they told me to restart browser and machine after setting the extensions. In my situation I was setting the option 'Fault Trapping' on. But you can try this also check your .ini file.

------------------