SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better way of Organizing Tests?

Currently Silk Organizer lists all of the manual in a list box and lists the test steps in a single text box. I was wondering if anyone has anyone figured out a better way of managing manual tests in Silk Organizer?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated...
    Martin Hebig, CQA, CSTE
    Maverick Software Consulting
    www.MaverickSoftwareConsulting.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Better way of Organizing Tests?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MHebig:
    Currently Silk Organizer lists all of the manual in a list box and lists the test steps in a single text box. I was wondering if anyone has anyone figured out a better way of managing manual tests in Silk Organizer?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am also very interested, I posted this same question worded a little differently a few days ago and there havent been any replies.

We may put all of our manual tests in a db then find some way of marking all the manual tests in organizer.

I hope someone with experience in this matter will reply.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Better way of Organizing Tests?

In my current organization we use Excel to create and manage our test suites. QAPartner has been coded via SQL/ODBC to read which tests have been selected for execution in Excel and then QAP gathers the testcase data from CSVs which were exported from Excel based on selections in the spreadsheets.

I'm not at liberty to provide a copy of the spreadsheet, but I can tell you it's the best method I've seen to date to manage the test automation. Even non test automation people can use and manage the testing in Excel.