Any idea on these silktest features?Plz respond
1. Can Silktest be used for automation i.e. integration testing where lot of systems are involved and the method of interface is Messaging like EMS, JMS ?
2. Can Silktest be used for automation if the Operating System is Linux/Solaris ?
3. Can Silktest be used for making calls to Java functions and classes ?
4. Can it be used for completely backend type of testing i.e. where the GUI is not there ?
5. With backend type of testing I mean that I have to interact with multiple systems sometimes even more than 40+ in some or the otherway like Messages, Java call, reading and writing to a file using FTP, reading and updating databases in DB2 and Sybase etc. [ Think of it as App1 gets some input and does processing and generates an EMS message as the output for App2. Now App2 has to poll and get that message data as an input and do some processing and generate some file and put it at a specified location or do some calculation and update Database, or enrich the message with some more data for further downstream system etc etc. I am looking at automating such type of scenario]
Re: Any idea on these silktest features?Plz respon
I would not recommend SilkTest for "back-end" testing. SilkTest is a GUI tool and would be way too expensive to test non-graphical applications.
I'm sure you could find another programming language that would work better and be much cheaper. Maybe even free using some open-source compiler.