Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Get full path to the control.

Hello all,
    I have a question regarding whether is it possible to get the full path to the control using any of the already exposed Silk functions. Please refer to below example,

I have a top level window identified as "FontDialog" and i have Pushbutton control which is located somewhere inside this "FontDialog" GUI map identified as "OK". Now i want a function which should give me a full path to this "OK" button. Something like "FontDialog.Frame1.Childdlg.ChildFrame.OK". So the function what i am asking should take two parameters,
    Parameter 1 -> Toplevel window name
    Parameter 2 -> The control name.
    and should return the full path to the control.

Thanks.
    Automate_user.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Get full path to the control.

There isn't a builtin function. You would have to create one by parsing the declarations in the include files. I created one a while back and you're welcome to it.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Tony, but that's going to be performance issue when you are trying to build the path yourself. What happens if i have more than one GUI map file which i have to search .
    You have to also consider winclasse that might be seen within the parent window declarations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

All that's handled. It's been a while since I used it. I developed it for prior company that we were doing keyword automation. I think it takes about 1 to 3 seconds to resolve the path.

Up to you if you want to try it or not.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can you explain why you need this? Maybe there is another solution to the original issue.