Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

VB Application problem

I am observing following behaviour in a Stand alone VB Application:

1. Sometime it recognizes a VB Dropdown menu and makes selection without any errors, and some time it will make selection and throws some exception.

2.There is a VB Tree from which we need to select an item and press Right button to move that item to another tree. Some time it passes, some time it fails to find that item at all. And sometimes it fails saying that List not found.

Please let me know what can I do to avoid all these random results, it is making our job difficuly.

I have changed :
    DontIgnore=ATL
    AxextDelay=10

in C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest\Extend\axext.ini

Still Silk fails to make selection preoperly.

Thanks in advance.
    thx
    SilkSVJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: VB Application problem

I am getting this error:

*** Error: Window '[VBListBox]$dbListSrcList' was not found
    Occurred in ExtendSelect
    thx
    SilkSVJ

Points for Confirmed Friends

is it an activex app?

add or set in the extend.ini

[application.dll or.exe]
    ActiveX=TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes it is a ActiveX application.

[application.dll or.exe]
    ActiveX=TRUE

is already done.
    thx
    SilkSVJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

1. encapsulate the code in do....except where error is thrown....I think you might be having the error, Control not responding....Set the agent option OPT_VERIFY_RESPONDING to false....Sometimes Select () doesn't work as intended....In that case, set focus on the drop down, TypeKeys ("<Home>")....It will select the first item...Then TypeKeys ("<Down>") as many times to go to the desired item...For such things, I store all the items in the drop down in a .txt file....From that file I find the index of any item and accordingly I press the <Down> key...If you have already selected some item and want to go to other, first find out the selected index [GetSelIndex ()] and accordingly press <Down> or <Up>...

2. If sometimes it passes, means it is able to recognize every thing....In this situation use loops to detect that Silk gets focus on the desired item and then move ahead, if it fails try again...To avoid infinite loop, set some condition...It works most of the times...