Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Silktest not clicking on child link

Hi,

Silktest is not clicking on the child link. At first I was recieving an error stating that the mouse coordinates are off the screen, but I used helpful info. from these forums to eliminate that. Next I also tried to verify the name of the object by recording the action and it says "Unable to get window properties." I am attaching the screenshot. I am trying to make silktest click on the second link that is expanded: (57605)Amber Master Fund Cayman SPC
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

http://www.qaforums.com/uploads/1137793894.doc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Silktest not clicking on child link

Can you please provide your line of click code? Also this look like treeview so look help in treeview.
    Thanks,
    Prashant Patel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

IFSCollateralManagementSyst.Main.AccountToCounterp artyMappin.N5920CreditSuisseFirstBost.DoubleClick ()
    IFSCollateralManagementSyst.Main.AccountToCounterp artyMappin.N9129SOCGEN2.N18689LyxorVegaSelectOppor 1.DoubleClick

I have included the clicks starting from clicking on the parent link and then the attempt to click on the child link. I have to doubleclick to expand the parent link and then when I try it for the child link, it does not work. I will also look into treeview help.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What immediately jumps out at me is the fact that you are not sleeping between these two lines. Add a Sleep(1) between them and see what happens. You may also try calling this after the sleep:

IFSCollateralManagementSyst.Main.AccountToCounterp artyMappin.N9129SOCGEN2.N18689LyxorVegaSelectOppor 1.SetFocus().

It may also be worth checking to see if this:
    IFSCollateralManagementSyst.Main.AccountToCounterp artyMappin.N9129SOCGEN2.N18689LyxorVegaSelectOppor 1.DoubleClick

Could be replaced with:
    IFSCollateralManagementSyst.Main.AccountToCounterp artyMappin.N9129SOCGEN2.N18689LyxorVegaSelectOppor 1.TypeKeys("<Enter>")
    Chris R Mead

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Chris,

I tried putting in the sleep statements and replacing code with "....TypeKeys("<Enter>") and it still doesn't work. I found a temporary solution to make silktest click on the child link. I added this IFSCollateralManagementSyst.Main.MultiClick (2,1, 150, 80) so that it can click on the coordinates where the child link is locate. It may not be the best solution, but it does the job.

Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

In my experience, for these cases, this is the best approach.

Expand the elements in the page as much as possible, and then record the page. This should give you an idea of what the structure is. If these links are dynamically generated (which is probably the case), you are going to have to create generic declarations or encapsulate it in a table or something.

After you've done this, everytime you expand (or any change is made in the page, without the page is reloaded, call the page.FlushCache() method. This will flush the current reading of the page, and then it will read once more.

After this, click the link. It should work.
    Life's a b***h and then you die.