Access to Browser object

Hello everyone,

I tried to launch scripts on clients' machine through Remote Desktop. But Browser.WaitForReady() returns "Application not ready" error. On our side everything works correctly.

This is not caused by too small time interval, because Browser finished loading and than I launch test.
    Additionally, I tried to record window declaration of Browser Page through Remote Desktop, but get only top parent window without any children, but they are exist!

What can cause this problem?

Thanks for your responses [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Access to Browser object

Remote testing and default browser

SilkTest uses the registry to determine which version of IE is installed on your machine; this means that the correct default browser is selected when you choose IE6DOM or IE5DOM.
    If you are doing remote testing, you will have to set up your default browser for your target test machine yourself. The reason this is because IE5DOM and IE6DOM both use the the same domex.dll and therefore SilkTest does not select the default browser at all. The same is not true for IE5VO and IE6VO; they both have their own vxx file and the default browser selection works correctly.

or under silktest help type word remote
    Prashant Patel

This is not caused by default Browers settings. Because customer has executed the scripts locally at own machine under my account and get same errors.
    He get same error under admin user too, but he hasn't this error if he executed scripts under own account (Silk Test installation user account).

Have anybody other ideas?

WaitForReady() is far from perfect. You can develop your own (more custom) approaches to waiting that are more reliable.

This link has an example that uses Exists(), which is also not perfect, but...

Both WaitForReady and Exists can work for you in many cases, but problems arise when the test has to deal with network slowness and other complicating factors relating to browser testing.
    Chris R Mead

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.

I also faced problem that silktest works fine when login id is same as the installation id. For my case even the host is not invoked if a different id is used. It throws a license error. Any idea?

I always test a vm-image or ghost-image through tcp/ip from a machine where I am logged on as the user who installed silktest. On the 'remote target' machine, I only install the silktest agent and not the IDE. This eliminated all of my 'user/profile' errors.
    Chris R Mead

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.