User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Test doesn\'t recognize menus for Java App

I am testing the non-web Java App.
    When I create a test frame, Silk Test recognizes all of the objects really well, except the menus.
    Of course, I can find some workaround to invoke most of dlg.boxes, such as using "hot keys" or shortcuts, but not for any dialog
    If you, guys, have any ideas, or, you run into the similar problem and know how to deal with it, maybe you will be able to help me. Thanks in advance

Tamara
    tamara.sverdlova@sun.com
    Tamara

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test doesn\'t recognize menus for Java App

Have you tried using Class Mapping? you can change an objects class by selecting (from record window declarations) the class map button and then adding the class (menu) to the seen object.... then re-record your frame and the object should be recognized as you mapped it.

Or you might be able to (if hot keys are available from this menu) use the hot key locations and define them in your include file.

There are a couple of other alternatives but the above two should allow you to do what it sounds like you want to do.

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test doesn\'t recognize menus for Java App

Some possibilities:
    1. Use Record Class to "learn" some methods.
    2. Use InvokeJava/InvokeMethods to call Java code directly from 4Test.
    3. Use TypeKeys and Click to work with the menu. You might find that SilkTest "sees" the menu header and so if you click on it and then use TypeKeys ("<Down>") or something like that, you can navigate through the menu(s).