I have been using the same optionset for last one week and the IE6 DOM extensions are also enabled all the time. Now today when I was executing the script the silk did not recognize the menu items on the browser. Would you suggest me some troubleshooting for this problem?
If the reference changed then it could be that the HTML source has changed hence the reference to the menu is different. This is a common thing. You just need to adjust the reference in your code.
If that's not the case specify exactly what's the error you are getting.
Simple debugging logic (assuming Silk is configured correctly)
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">1)Make sure it happens all the time.
2)Detect the control manually to verify that the reference hasn't changed.
3)Run the script in debug mode and see if you can reproduce the problem, if not it's a timing issue most likely.
4)Make sure the flow of the script is correct (basically what Niru suggests the order of things should be correct).</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
Thank you GodKnows and Niru. I am executing a test plan file. The test plan calls different optionsets for different test cases as each test case calls different small programs and at the end of each test case the data of each is copied to the clipboard to be used for the next test case. Yesterday I used the same optionsets and same stuff as I have been using since couple of days. I got this problem. Since I can not access the internet in the office, I am replying you now. Thanks for your suggestions. Today somehow I used the copies of the optionsets I saved instead of the ones I used yesterday. Now it is working fine.
I do not see any difference, but I do not know why silk behaved that way. Thank you for the info.