My Problem Scenario
Any SilkGuru could give me an answer to this problem
SilkTest Version - 7.00
OS - XP
Application Under Test - Web (https )
Browser - IE 6.00 + delta build
- A secure web page is to be tested
- Frame is created all the objects are visible including User Id and Password.
- Using the Window Identifiers I can see these objects.
Here is something which could help the person reading this message to answer.
When I restart the machine I see these objects only before I execute the script once I execute something weird happens and comes back with an error. Thereafter I cannot see the User Id nor the Submit button with the Window Identifier.
What happens Further?
When I execute the script which is based on the frame the script returns showing that Use Id was not found...
The FlushCache did not have any effect on my scripts. Still struggling to make Silk recognize those objects.
Anyone out their has even got into such a problem and knows the workaround could come forward and give me a solution.
Thanks in Advance
1) Make sure you have chosen the correct browser type by going in Start=>Programs=>Silktest=>Extension Enabler.
2) Also make sure you have chosen the correct browser type by going in open silktest then go to options=> Extensions…
3) See by which property silktest recognize the browser
4) When you reboot the PC, again do the window declaration and see the same property comes up in step3
It looks like the second time around, something is preventing the page from loading completely...
You may have checked the following things, but still:
1. Does this happen manually?
2. Do u see a script error when this user id field goes invisible?
(You may have to enable script debugging: Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Browsi ng >> Uncheck Disable script debugging)
If yes, why is it that you get a scripting error 2nd tiem around and not the first time?
Btw, when you say that you can't see the User Id nor the Submit button with Window Identifier, do u mean that it is loaded and visible in the browser, but silk is not able to recognize it? This can mean only one thing, that the tags are not consistent with the earlier recorded window declaration. If so, then print the tags of these two objects and check if the tags are different than the one's recorded earlier.
3. Try clearing temp files, cache, history and restart the browser for each test case? (Maybe use IE GUI to clear these things rather than the FlushCache)
4. Do you need to restart the m/c in order to re-recognize these objects? hmmmm..thats strange.. Did you check if all IE processes are properly terminated before you restart the browser?
5. Instead of restarting the m/c, try closing the Agent process, the browser and restarting the test. If this works, it means that somehow the agent process is interferring with the browser the next time around... You can then throw this to Segue support??
hmmm... that brings up an interesting question.. I think its another thread... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Can I restart the Agent process from within my script?
I have Selected IE DOM - Internet Explorer 6
this answers 1 and 2 doesn't it Prashant?
How do I do 3? I saw that Browser is recognized as Explorer6_DOM
I think all standard properties are being applied.
Things seem a bit hazy with reference to your point 3
First of all my friend as a good practice create logs for your scripts (in your test framework if possible) so you know exactly what happened(it will tell you what is wrong). Secondly be more descriptive about your problem (more specific).
Another thing is that what might look visually the same might not be declared the same in HTML hence don't assume anything by looking at the UI.
If Silk can't see something use the identifier tool right after the script stops (or crach/break) and attempt to see how Silk sees the UI you were accessing. It will tell you if your application is different or just a timing issue (common cause of problems) with your script.
Do a lots of
Exists/WaitForReady/SetFocus/Sleep where appropraite within the do..except statement for safety (sometimes Exists crashes). For web testing timing is everything just remember that.