SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to record a window which is not part of Browser window.

Using Silk Test first time.
    I want to record a standalone window which is not part of browser window but it appears when you click one link on webpage. After that I want to enter the data in one of the fileds of that window and click one button from the same window which will launch new webpage in the browser.How to do it. I mean I want to rcord objects of the standalone window and fire click event with the button from same window.This Click event will launch new webpage in the browser.
    Prashant.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Prashant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to record a window which is not part of Browser window.

Hi Prashant,

All you need to do is record the window declaration for the new window. But that is the short and basic answer.

Here are the details:

1. <LI>Record your frame file declarations. Sounds like you have done that. For walking threw this, lets call it myWebApp. Someplace in the declaration is the myLinkToClick, which is the link you wanted to click on.
      <LI>Manually select the link that opens up the new window (the myLinkToClick).
      <LI>Next, go to a new line in your frame file, then do a Record | Window Declaration. Let Silk record the declarations for that window, do a Ctrl+Alt when it has it, then do a [Copy to Clipboard].
      <LI>Go back to your frame file and paste in the declaration for the new window. Rename the objects as needed to make them easier to understand. For now, lets say you called the popup window something like myPopUpWindow.
      <LI>The myPopUpWindow should have a textfield (myTextField) and a button (OK).
      <LI>Now your ready to right your script.

And no, I typically do not name my windows like I did above, just named them this way for this example

Hope this helps.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com