VS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SilkTest]: SilkBean ??

Hi All,

I have SilkTest 5.0.1. In order to run my test on a Solaris 2.6, I have done all the required settings on my host(Win NT) machine as well as the target machine(solaris 2.6) just as described in the Silktest Help. I've also started the SilkBean server on the unix machine. But when I run my script, I see the NullPointerException on my target(unix) machine as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at QAPServerInputThread.sendMsg(Compiled code)
    at QAPServerInputThread.run(Compiled code)

Also my SilkTest host(NT) shows up a .res file with the message:
    "Agent not responding..."

Have any of you tried working with the SilkBean & come across similar problems? Please let me know. I would appreciate any help or clue on what might be the cause of this or am i missing some settings.

Is it at all worth trying to run my tests on unix using SilkTest with the help of SilkBean??

Waiting for your reply,
    VS

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [SilkTest]: SilkBean ??

This one's a toughy...

I've done Solaris control using QAP 4.x Agent (from a Silk 5.x host). but never using the bean. I was not doing Java on Solaris but Motif. I think the best person to contact on this would be Chuck Carney or James Soderborg of Segue.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.