Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SilkTest Plans

Hi All

I've made one MasterPlan and in that included several Sub Plans but have marked only one subplan to execute. Here are my questions:

1) Is there anyway, that we can include multiple Script files in single SubPlan?
    2) Is there anyway, that the testcases which we have marked in the subplan stays as marked even after we close down the SilkTest and re-open it?
    3) In one of the subplan, there are several testcases and out of them I've marked 1 testcase. Now the problem is whenever I'm trying to execute that Subplan from the Master Plan, it's executing all the testcases, which i dont want. I want to run only those testcases which i've marked in the subplan.

Any help in the above questions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SilkTest Plans

1. Yes. Just use the script: keyword everytime you want to use a different script.

2. No.

3. When executing the plan, click the 'Run the marked tests in the active window' toolbutton.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tony -

1) Thanks

3) I'm already using this option of 'Run the Marked Testcases'. Maybe you didnt get my question correcly, whatever you are suggesting is fine and works if you run a testcase from any subplan file.
    But if you want to run a specific testcase which is marked in a sub testplan file from the master testplan, then instead of running that marked testcase, it runs whole subplan file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Somethings wrong. When I do this from the master plan, only the marked tests in the subplan are run. Don't know what to suggest as it is pretty straight forward.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is there any kind of setting that i've do to make it working?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Not that I can think of. I would suggest calling into support and they can webex to your desktop so they can see what you're doing.