Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to exit from test plan

My test plan consists of a series of test cases to be executed. The first test case launches the application. In case the server is down - error shows up. This error is captured in a bitmap and an error is logged. The testplan continues its execution and control transfers to the subsequent test cases. There is no point in executing the rest of the test cases when the application is not available , Could anyone please let me know how I can exit from the test plan execution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to exit from test plan

If you meant that once your test case fails your testplan should abort....in that case define your own appstates and check the state of your application in appstate and then either continue or exit based on your application state

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, there really is no logic built into the testplans that can decide whether to execute a test or not based on a previous test's pass/fail status. it would be nice, but you'll have to find a way to do it yourself like Kumar mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I guess the main reason is, that this is something Silkcentral Testmanager is for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks to all of you for your response. I have defined my own appstate as mentioned by Kumar, but the problem is on execution of the testplan all the test cases will inevitably be executed to check for appstate. Apply this to about 30 test cases and the result is a lot of time wasted just to inform the user that the server is down.
    So, I have resorted to using @("$StopRunning")() which may not be a graceful exit but atleast saves time.