VS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SilkTest]: Agent install on Solaris??

Hi All,

I have SilkTest 501 version. Can you please tell me if & how can I install an agent or even SilkTest on Solaris 2.6/2.7/2.8?

Please help,
    Thank you,
    VS

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [SilkTest]: Agent install on Solaris??

you need to buy the QAP 4.01 package from Segue. It's a different package all together. Also it's not cheap, (a little more expensive than the Windows version)

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try looking into the SilkBean approach in SilkTest 5.0.n. I haven't done it personally, but a co-worker of mine has and it wasn't all that hard to get working. Seems to function just like an "Agent" would in the Windows environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually "J Alhait" is correct, you will need to purchase Solaris QAP 4.01, but I beleive you can just get the agent which is cheaper.

However, there are some interesting problems when using SilkTest on a Windows platform and reading from a Solaris agent.

First the agent is started on solaris and it does not (as far as I know) report the PORT number it is using (which windows needs) . My Work around thus far has been to start the agent a second time and then the output to the standard out (the terminal) reports the agent number.

Only after you have that number can the SilkTest on Windows link to Solaris.

In the Runtime options window, use the solaris machine name and the port number as the agent name. (machine : port) and select TCP/IP as the network (this may vary) then all will work well, that is until you try to classmap a widget in Motif to a "Table" or other non existant Motif class. SilkTest crashes on that.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Thomas Hess (edited 06-22-2000).]