User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pass information to login dialog

The ususal ways we deal with the login dialog are:

1. If the login dialog is not the first one appears when the application is first time launched, whenever a login dialog is detected, we use a function call to get the login information and then dismiss the login dialog.

This approach cannot be used when the first window of the application is a login dialog.

2. If the login dialog is the first one appears when an application is launched, we override the Invoke() function to give the login information such as login ID and password so that the default base state can handle to pass the login and then launch the main window.

The problem for the second approch is that all the login info is coded in the Invoke() method and cannot be dynamically passed in because you cannot pass a parameter into a default base state.

3. Write a function to invoke the login dialog first and then the login info can be dynamically passed in. The application main window can then be reached. The problem of this approach is that you cannot effectively utilize the silktest recovery system and no application state (including the default base state) can be used.

My question is that I have an application that have a login dialog as the first window when the application is launched, I have to use the Invoke method and let the default base state to handle it. However, I need dynamically pass login info into it because for each test case I have to user different login information.

Anybody have experience with this problem? Your assistance will be deeply appreciated

------------------
    jim.young@documentum.com

[This message has been edited by jim_young (edited 05-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by jim_young (edited 05-31-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pass information to login dialog

This is simple - use the built-in login box handler, as described on p297 of the user's guide (though not mentioned in the language reference).
    If you need to use a login name and password that can vary from testcase to testcase, then simply define these as variables (we have them as window variables in our mainwin, but global variables can work just as well), then you use something in TestCaseEnter to alter these as you see fit, before they get used by the Invoke() method. They can be altered to the value of a compiler constant, or a value read from a file, or whatever.