SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

writing to serial/parallel ports

Anybody know of a function that I can use to write to serial/parallel ports from Silktest?
    I was hoping there might be some utility type DLL floating around.

Re: writing to serial/parallel ports

I too was in need of a means of allowing Silk to communicate with a device connected to a serial port. My test configuration requires Silk to send commands via a COM port to a programmable relay switching system used to configure a simulated phoneline network.

The serial communications protocol required for interfacing with the switching system is simple and straightforward. We were using Tera-Term Pro, a freeware software terminal emulator (communication program) to manually send commands to, and poll status from, the switching system.

We ultimately determined that it was much easier (and quicker) to create the necessary code and scripts to allow Silk to interact with Tera-Term, than to cobble together a custom DLL or applet to handle the serial interface.

------------------

Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Home Networking Operations
    Intel Corporation