Silktest 2006 and IE7 - Dynamic menu not recognizd
Our scripts are developed for IE6 DOM by Silktest7.1. Recently we upgraded to Silktest 2006. We tried the same scripts with required modifications. It is working fine.. While running the same for IE7, scripts are not ran properly. Also I noted that whenever silktest closes the browser, browser throws a popup error like following.
DialogBox Title: IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error
DialogBox Message: The instruction at "0x100069d5" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".
One strange behaviour is, the dynamic menu options are recognized while using Window declarations. But those menu options are not able to identify at run time...
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
BrowserChild("New FolderEdit Folder Delete Folder").SetActive ()
In IE7, Silktest is not recognizing the IE popups at run time. Anybody ran your scripts for IE7? Anybody faced the same problem? How can I solve this problem?
Re: Silktest 2006 and IE7 - Dynamic menu not recog
Temporarily we have changed the script to support IE7. We have done following changes.
1. Having fixed resolution and settings (IE7 and Silktest).
2. For non-identified popup menus, we are using co-ordinates. As our AUT is so dynamic for every release, we have written functions and calling functions into testcases.
3. For popup windows (Dialogbox), the parent has been changed.
We changed for few screens.
4. Main problem in IE7 support is, silktest is not flushing the cache properly. We have called BrowserPage.FlushCache() statement in many places.
4. Verified each testcase and Maintaining all these scripts separately.
Hope Borland will solve the issue within this year.