Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

how to decrypt password

Hi,

I am creating login testcase. for this, i am preparing datadriven testcase. In the xls, have put login name and password.
    I make database connectivity, in which i will put query to fetch data for these two fields.Butthe probem is password stored in databse as encrypted format. and this data doesnot match with the xls password. And testcase is failed.

Please tell me how to solve this problem.How to decrypt password

Regards
    kawal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: how to decrypt password

Assuming your aut is using sensible encryption, there is no way of decrypting a password. If you are trying to test that, on adding a new user, the username and password are both recorded correctly in the database, then pretty much the only way is to try logging in with that username and password and see if your application lets you in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: how to decrypt password

Hi,

Yes, if the password is in encripted formated its not recommended to decript the data in Database to get the exact password.

But you can maintain another Database or Excel file and store the testing user names and password in that file. And you can retrive the data from your test DB and you can apply these values to your aut.

Thanks,
    Sreekanth Varma