SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Windows 2000 and TreeView control

I am having problems with the Select method for standard TreeView controls in Windows 2000. The problem is usually seen after making a few different selections in the tree view. The first item always seems to be selected correctly, but after that Select fails quite often. The exception message is usually "Control not responding".

I am using SilkTest 5.01, and the application was built with Visual Studio 6 (C++). The Select method works fine on Windows 9x and Windows NT 4. Has anyone seen this problem before?

I have tried a workaround that involves retrying Select if it keeps failing. I have seen cases where it will fail to select the item 20 or 30 times before it actually works, however sometimes it never works (before hitting my retry limit).

Re: Windows 2000 and TreeView control

Well, I will respond to my own problem, since it is now resolved. The issue went away when I upgraded to SilkTest version 5.02.