SPONSORS:

User Tag List

The name of this forum

Since SilkTest has been out for awhile now, it seems like the name of this forum should be changed. It could be "SilkTest - Client/Server". This might help to get people to post client/server isssue here instead of on the SilkTest web-related forum. Just a little suggestion for the Admins.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The name of this forum

I've been contemplating closing this (QAP) forum instead... The main headache is to transfer all these messages into either an archive or the SilkTest forum, except it looks impossible

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Closing the QAP forum and merging it with the Silk forum gets my vote. There are still some of us who are NOT validating web pages/sites, eCommerce products, or Java enabled applications, and are instead using Silk to validate Windows based applications.

I have found that the Silk forum tends to be more active than the QAP forum, and I still check it regularly for non-web, non-Java, non-eWhatever topics. Just my $0.02...

------------------

Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Home Networking Operations
    Intel Corporation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not rename both forums to:
    SilkTest for Windows
    SilkTest for Web

Or something like that. There are diffrent issues being discussed for both.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am intending to use Silk for both Web and C/S applications but would not be opposed to keeping the 2 separate but more aptly named. This would simplify a search for particular answers but I agree is the risk is that some more experienced users may have migrated to Web and will not reply to the C/S questions.

Currently this seems not to be the case. The users of this forum are extremely helpful and knowledgable so I do not see an absolute need to merge but definitely a renaming is in order.

My penny........