Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Html Table read as Html Text

Hello,

I'm somewhat new to SilkTest so I don't know if this is simple or can't be done etc.? I have an html table that I need to perform a Get Row Count on. My problem is that the table is being read as html text instead of a table.

I tried to edit the class for it but that didn't work. The number of columns are infinite and column names are dynamic so specifying text doesn't work either. Any ideas on how to handle this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Html Table read as Html Text

Verify that Borderless tables recognition level is set to value allowing to recognize table ( usually it is 0.76 ).

In SilkTest menu coto Options > Extensions then select your browser and click Extensions button. In the dialog which appears set slider to required position and check again.

Seems like you don't have this recognition level set to appropriate value. And nothing more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I tried that and it changed everything on each page to a table (i.e. all htmlText became tables).

I looked up borderless tables in help and found all kind of stuff to try. Thanks. I wasn't even sure where to start before?! I'll post here if I find what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

I tried that and it changed everything on each page to a table (i.e. all htmlText became tables).

[/ QUOTE ]
    Carefully, too high borderless tables recognition level may bring you to the situation when too much unnecessary tables appear. 0,76 is some optimal value but sometimes it's required to set higher level.