SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Notice to you all

I just got a message back from a tech support over @ Segue that they are planning to do another release 5.0.2 around Christmas time.
    It should fix several more bugs...

PS Food for thought, how do you QA a QA software? Uhemm, do you guys think they qa
    Silk with Silk? ==

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quick Notice to you all

Actually they do

There's a special setting (command line argument) that enables that

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Not only do we test SilkTest with SilkTest, but there is a column authored every other month in segue.com (our online customer newsletter) called "QA Insider", written by John Moore. John is one of our Senior QA Engineers and has some very interesting SilkTest tips for all of you Segue users out there! Check it out at: www.segue.com, choose "News and Events", then choose "segue.com customer newsletter". (You will need your user id (first full word of your company name) and your customer id (the number you supply to Tech Support when you call in) to gain access to it.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello Heidi,

It would be nice if Segue can separate the newsletter from the Download area so that all Segue users can access it without being prompted for the company id and password. Some companies are not able to renew their Maintenance fees on time and some Segue users cannot afford to pay these fees from their own budget. So, how 'bout passing this request to your management as a X'mas gift to some users!!! Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurah Gilbert!

Heidi thanks for the contribution, and I encourage you to keep us all on the beam. I am always pleased to read a Segue response in this forum ABOUT SEGUE. So please do not take what follows pesonally .. it's Segue itself I have problems with.

I think it would be nice if Segue would start actually giving back, to a community that pays about $4-6K/license without this maintenence fee JIVE.

Hints and tips for the Segue community should not have a hidden cost to them. They are in my opinion there for the people who generate/d REVENUE FOR SEGUE.

I also think that when a company promotes ideas in a free flowing forum, about thier products it winds up paying for itself. Thusfar Segue has done precious little for people who like, use and press the envelope of thier product. This let them eat cake attitude puzzles me no end!

Here is a Major reasons I enjoy betasoft so much. It's free and in my opinion has generated a good deal more usefull help that Segue Tech support EVER DID. By the way this
    is why my old company does not pay that fee any more.

Just expressing an old gripe and giving Segue yet ANOTHER chance to be more than just a money taking institution. Gosh I wonder what they will do ... to bad they can't close this forum down like they did qapuser@segue.com.

"And God Bless all of us Everyone"

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com
    phone(408) 487-3846

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 12-15-1999).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

I am in complete agreement with Rick on this. Segue is very stingy with information, unless we're willing to plunk down another $2K - $3K for Segue classes.

I have yet to find anything profoundly enlightening or earthshaking in the newsletter that needed to be protected from those who haven't coughed up the greenbacks for an annual maintenenance fee. In fact, I would think that making some of that information more easily accessable to non-customers would help them sell a few more of those very expensive Silk licenses.

As for those annual maintenance agreements, we have refused to renew ours (my group now has over 30 licenses) until Segue can consistently deliver Silk upgrades that actually work. In the past two years of 2.1.x and 5.x upgrades, we have only been able to deploy Silk 2.0 and the patched 5.0 release in our testing lab. Silk 5.0.1 arrived with a SetBaseState() bug that is supposedly fixed in 5.0.2.

But I digress. The information in the Newsletter does not appear to be of a proprietery nature. Why not make it freely available?

Just my $0.02.

Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Home Networking Operation
    Intel Corporation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello again,

I'm pretty sure it's not because of my earlier comments about the segue.com newsletter but, I just want to give this precaution to everyone who might receive that Thank you email from Tina McIntyre, who is in-charge of Segue's Maintenance Renewal. This email contains that nasty "worm" virus. She sent it to me at work yesterday and again today. Good thing the Norton Antivirus caught it so I didn't have to open her email. Four days ago, our file server at work just got hit with this same "worm" virus and it wiped out all MS Office files on all our Network drives. I gave the Maintenance Renewal quote/invoice to my boss already and I'm hoping they'll send the renewal...If you do get this email, just make sure you don't open it and delete it ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJ:
    Actually they do

There's a special setting (command line argument) that enables that

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am very interested what would that be?