Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Passing parameter to Appstates

Hi,

Is it possible to pass parameter values into an appstate by any chance?

I have two links in my web application - LinkA, LinkB. Clicking on LinkA, it opens a page say PageA and for LinkB it opens the page PageB.

I have the appstate AppMyAppState(). Is it possible to pass a value to the appstate, according to which it clicks on LinkA or LinkB so that it sets up PageA or PageB in my Application under test?

Kindly reply if any of you have comments...

Regards
    SilkyWay
    Regards,
    ~~SilkyWay~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Passing parameter to Appstates

Not directly...but there are a few things you can do:

1 - you can pass the parameter into the testcase and use GetTestCaseArgs to use the arg inside the appstate.

2 - you can make the appstate read LinkA or LinkB from a global variable that can be set elsewhere.

3 - you can break your appstate down into smaller parts so that the choice between LinkA and LinkB are in different appstates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Passing parameter to Appstates

Hi James,

Thanks a lot... your suggestion helps.. I managed to get it done using the first method you specified.
    Regards,
    ~~SilkyWay~~